Another year has approached and aren’t we just so lucky.
First thing I prepare for is trying to not take on bookings. Unfortunately, when you run a business, it comes with responsibility of keeping clients happy and satisfied and as much as it is a holy month, the economy does not stop.
The best I do is take minimal bookings which means minimal editing time spent during this blessed month.
A few advantages of having editing
• listening to lectures/recitation whilst on the computer
• minimising time wasted on being lazy
• Staying away from unnecessary idle talk
Some of my ideal targets through this month to help me continue through the rest of the year
• Reciting. It’s so hard, I cannot lie. How many times do I open the Quran and recite unless it’s Surah al Kahf on a Friday.
• HEALTH! As much as it’s not a month of watching what you eat, actually, it’s probably the best month in being aware of what we put in our bodies. The amazing @zainab_fitforallah posts recommended sunnah foods on her Instagram page which are so easy to get hold of.
• To spend less time judging. Let’s be honest, my work and the type of work I do, I forever judge an outfit, a style, a look, anything.
'Fasting is a shield; so when one of you is Fasting he should not use foul or foolish talk. If someone attacks him or insults him, let him say: "I am Fasting, I am Fasting!"' The Prophet Peace be upon Him
And not forgetting, plenty of salawat!
"Keeping the tongue free from ranting and raving, lying, backbiting, tale-telling, obscenity, abusive speech, wrangling, and hypocrisy. Rather, one should busy oneself with the remembrance and exaltation of Allah, as well as the recitation of the Holy Koran - this is the fasting of the tongue." Imam Ghazali
As a keen lover of books, I will be making a separate post of some recommendations that can be found at @daraltaqwa London.